Hse pension/buy back years

N

northduboi

Hi -I was 43 in January and work in the HSE.I've joined late and in total have 7 years service. I would like to retire at 60 and checked out the CS pensions modeller as recommended on this site. I'm not financially knowledgeable at all so the modeller seems to say that I can buy max of just over 16 years service back. I cannot afford to do so but would like to buy 9 years back which comes to approx 100 euro per week. Would I qualify for tax relief on this amount? If so s that 40 % so I imagine net deduction would be 60 euro rather than 100 euro per week?

Also I am using civil servants established officers as I joined HSE in 2003 ( I wasn't made permanent until 2005--is this the right modeller Im using?).

Sorry Im just confused

Yes you would be eligible for both tax and PRSI relief - these reliefs will (or should) be given automatically if you're purchasing NS through your payroll.

Not sure about your modeller question, but 16 years' buy back service appears to be correct.

Thanks for that reply-just the superannuation office at HSE are not responding to my enquiries.

Back