received a cheque for $ 30K and i'm unsure what to do with it

rochs

I have just received a cheque for $ 30K and i'm unsure what to do with it should i hold it for some time and hope the dollar improves which appears unlikely at the present time or cash it in now.

Regards
rochs

Re: Us $$$

I have just received a cheque for $ 30K and i'm unsure what to do with it should i hold it for some time and hope the dollar improves which appears unlikely at the present time or cash it in now.
Wait now for a second until someone dusts down the AskAboutMoney crystal ball.

The decision is yours, everyone advice will be pure speculation. Even armed with tic data for 40 year people would still be guessing.

Regards
rochs

HOping this is US $ and not Zimbabwean $ :eek: ( @ 45,577 to the € today ! )

You could open a US$ a/c with your bank. You would earn some interest on it that way & then convert it to € in your own time, keeping an eye on rates.
That's if you don't need the proceeds immediately, of course.

I'd suggest if you're being paid in US$ by some customer, you insist they pay in Euro from now on. The dollar is far too flakey these days.

Back