Interest rate hikes for AIB, EBS & Haven customers

hi all
I am meeting my local TG ( fine gael) to discuss this today
I wrote to him in May to express my anger and EBS increasing their SVR when the ECB have reduced the rate.
Any tips on how to approach this with him would be much appreciated.
rgds
k

Ask him: Why are AIB/EBS being allowed to run as commercial organisations when most of their loan book [trackers] is and will not be ever profitable?

hi there
met him and got the usual speel about the banks needing to return to profitabiltity so we the tax payer and get back what we have invested in them.
He understood my frustration at rising standard variable rates and implied tax credits may be the way to go - dont hold out much hope
IF EBS can never be profitable and we own it can the government not use it to support those of us in negative equity and on SVR by moving us on to trackers and giving us some breathing space .I am not looking for write down or debt relief. I just want to pay off my mortgage at the same rate as 400,000 tracker holders?

hi there
met him and got the usual speel about the banks needing to return to profitabiltity so we the tax payer and get back what we have invested in them.
He understood my frustration at rising standard variable rates and implied tax credits may be the way to go - dont hold out much hope
IF EBS can never be profitable and we own it can the government not use it to support those of us in negative equity and on SVR by moving us on to trackers and giving us some breathing space .I am not looking for write down or debt relief. I just want to pay off my mortgage at the same rate as 400,000 tracker holders?

think letting off steam is better place. . What were you expecting him to say.. banks are evil, vote for me and your problems will go away and had to laugh at ur last 2 lines....and btw, im on SVR ., mortgaged up to my eye balls.

well I wrote to my local FG td and finally got a reply---it was a long spiel of copy and paste baloney. Didn't care, not my problem was the gist of it. I 100% WON'T vote FG again, I wish there was a new party to vote for. All the others appear to be basically the same.

I emailed my local fine gael td re increase in variable rate mortgages. I also got the standard reply, copy and paste , the business of banking is not to be interfered with by the government etc. While this bunch of cowards are in power nothing will be done about increases in variable mortgages. It seems nobody is in charge so there is no knowing where interest rates could end up.

Variable mortgage rates could cost them the next election. I, for one, will never again vote FG regardless of where rates go.

Thing is, they sail off into the sunset with their pensions for life. Once you cross the finishing post at the ballot box, failure is no longer an issue. Pity.

D.

Back