Log Cabin

Ned_ie

Hi all

I am being evicted from my current office in my home thanks to the birth of my daughter and am now looking for office space. Have looked at renting but it is too costly at the moment.

So, I am now looking for a log cabin type of office which can be set up in the garden. Anyone ever used one of these or know who is good to get one from?

all help appreciated.

Cheers

There's a crowd somewhere in Cork who seem to be well experienced/recommended. I'll see if I can find details.

Edit:
Ah, [broken link removed] they are.

They do actual homes as well as occasional homes/office use etc.

No connection.

You can get them second hand as well, I have seen ads in both the Buy and Sell and the Evening Herald for second hand ones.

I'm still hoping to get a DIY unit from Garden2Office in the UK. http://www.garden2office.co.uk is their web page. I'm planning on looking at one of their units locally later on this month and will decide then. i.e. of course if I have any money left from my renovation project.

They seem to be priced somewhere between a basic log cabin and a sheomra system. I do love the idea of it being a DIY job, and it not requiring a raft type foundation. It also seems to be very well insulated and could possibly be moved should one decide to change location.

Regards
Franm
ps no connection with the company, just a thorn in their side re pestering them with questions (which were always answered, I hasten to add)

Mine (6 x 4m) was coming in at 13k stg at the time I got the quote, however it is a modified job as I wanted the roof style and pitch to match that of my current house. Also I'd have to add some insulation myself to that and a few other bits, flooring etc.
If I recall correctly prices seem to start from around 9k stg and vary depending on size and amount of glazing added. (this is from memory though)

FM

There's a crowd somewhere in Cork who seem to be well experienced/recommended. I'll see if I can find details.

Edit:
Ah, [broken link removed] they are.

They do actual homes as well as occasional homes/office use etc.

No connection.
I have one of those Shannon homes from Earthcare as a holiday home....in fact the one shown on their website is the showhome in the development where we have ours...

feel free to PM me if you need any advice

could go for a or something like that - not the best but certainly cheaper

There's a crowd in Derry, saw them at the self build show in Punchestown were they had a large 3 bed cabin, it was €62,500 at the time and was 1100sqft but as they're in the North they deal in £. At the show they said they make to order so can do all sizes. Oakgrove Cabins is their name.

[broken link removed]

priced very well but self installed. friend got one & is amazing.

leelee they do seem very well priced. Also interested in something similar. The more reasonable ones only seem to have a single leaf wall though, are they drylined internally for insulation or are they a nightmare to heat?

Back