Shower Pump Installation/Mounting.

burger1979

Hi folks,

we are getting a pump installed in the hot press to serve both ensuites which are beside the hot press, then of course the bedrooms. anyway i was just going to get a piece of wood attach it to the hotpress floor and get the pump mounted on that by the plumber. but i am worried about noise/vibrations from the pump. i have anti vibrational mounts that come with the pump, but apart from that can people recommend anything that might lessen the vibrations through to the floor and also lessen the sound from the pump itself.

thanks,

burger1979

I spoke to a plumber who mentioned putting it on a cement block or flagstone or something like that. Never tried it myself though.

It will make noise no matter what you do, although sticking it on a rubber mat will help deal with the vibration.

cheers for the replies folks i am going to sit it on top of a wooden plank with the anti vibrational mounts that i got with it. also got some more pads to make sure vibrations are reduced. i will let it run for a few weeks and see what the noise is like and if too noisy then i can get some insulated box to go around it or make it up.

thanks,

burger

Back