Nice Airport to local train station for onward travel.

It is actually possible to get from Nice Airport to Menton for €1.50

Take the No. 23 bus from the Airport to VALLON.

On to the tram just beside the bus stop to Opera Ville Ville.

The bus for Menton (No.100) is just to your left at the Museum of Modern Art

The same ticket can be used for the three stages, just validate it each time

That's great information Black Sheep. Can I ask....does the no. 23 bus leave from within the airport grounds or do you have to walk on to the main road outside the airport to get it? Is VALLON just the name of a bus stop area?

You simply get the 99 bus to the central train station which goes from right outside the main exit of Terminal 1 in the airport. Yes it's 6 euro, but if you paid for a flight to Nice and then Menton, are you really in the zone of trying to save 6 euro for the risks that go with it?

Having a look at the attached link it says that the no. 99 bus costs €4 (may have increased to €6 since) from the airport to Nice. However my reading of this is that you pay the €6 if you want an "all day ticket". but you can also opt for a €1.50 ticket for a single journey in to Nice. So if you are not going to be using an all day ticket does it not make sense to just use the single journey price of €1.50? Has anyone just bought the single journey ticket?

http://www.languedoc-holiday-guide.com/nice/buses.php

If you decide to purchase the all day ticket of €6 on the express bus no. 99 from the airport does this all day ticket include the onward journey to Menton on the no. 100 bus?

It seems to make sense to pay the single journey ticket of €1.50 from the airport to Nice on the no 99 bus and then switch to the no 100 bus and pay another €1.50 to Menton?

Black Sheep

Can you tell me if the bus to Menton stops at Biot on route from Opera
Ville Ville . Thanks

I think you may be a bit confused as to the direction of Biot. Biot is close to Antibes, the train stop just before Antibes. It stops at all the stops along the way, Villefrances, Cap D'ail, Monaco, Monte Carlo etc.

Coming out of the Airport building take the exit on the left. There's a ticket office just there outside the exit and the 99 and 98 bus are there at that exit beside the ticket office and the cost is €5. (up from €4 last year). Approximately 20 yards behind the 98 &99 is the stop for the 23 bus. Sign on the front of bus reads Vallon des Fleurs.

Vallot not Vallon (sorry typo) is just the name of the bus stop where you change over to the tram. The stops are all listed on the chart within the bus

BTW you cannot pay a single fare on the 99 or 98 bus. It's a flat fare (€5) just the Air Link in Dublin

I hope to get to Menton from Nice airport. I was thinking of doing it this way. Get no 23 bus from Terminal 1 Quay 6 at Nice airport as far as the seafront where rue Gambetta starts at a cost of €1.50. Then walk the short distance along Avenue Verdun to the Promenade des Arts where I can get the no 100 bus to Menton for €1.50. Total €3.

Just one question. If I pay the €1.50 on bus no 23 can I use the same bus ticket on the no 100 bus to Menton if travelling immediately or do I have to purchase a fresh ticket?

I think you can.
Don't rule of the train either.
Did that trip passing through Menton to San Augustan Station at airport for around 6 euro last week in around 40 mins.
It can be a lot quicker and more comfortable, depending on the train schedule which you can check on-line. 10 mins walk from station to airport.

A very handy site for finding out different ways of getting around is a website called rome2rio http://www.rome2rio.com I have used it quite a bit in Italy for finding out different ways of getting from Venice airport.

I think you can.
Don't rule of the train either.
Did that trip passing through Menton to San Augustan Station at airport for around 6 euro last week in around 40 mins.
It can be a lot quicker and more comfortable, depending on the train schedule which you can check on-line. 10 mins walk from station to airport.

Thanks runner. I have all the information on leaving Nice airport to get to San Augustine station. I want to go this way but when I "walked" the route using Google maps it didn't look great with some paths missing. Walking along the road BD Rene Cassin looked very busy. I understand that you then walk across the busy road and under a bridge to make your way to Avenue Eduard Grinda where the train station is. In reality is it a difficult walk?

Incidentally when you were coming back to Nice airport using this route did you wait for the airport navette bus at the Arenas/Lycee stop or did you walk all the way back to the airport.

The other alternative in leaving the airport and going to San Augustin station is to get the no 23 bus from the airport. But I am not sure exactly where and how close this bus stops to the San Augustin Station.

Were you staying in Menton?

The walk from the station is hassle free. A few crossings but pedestrian lights so just straigt-forward. It is also signposted. Anyway, most people getting off here are going to the airport so just follow them!. Around 10 mins walk with a wheelie case.

When getting the no 98 or 99 bus from Nice airport to Nice do I pay the driver for the ticket as I get on the bus or do I purchase my ticket at some ticket desk? How long time wise does the journey take?

Sorry to butt in here but would anyone know what is the approximate cost and duration of taxi from Nice airport to city centre, please and thank you :)

Sorry to butt in here but would anyone know what is the approximate cost and duration of taxi from Nice airport to city centre, please and thank you :)

Around 30-35 EUR - without traffic 15-20 minutes maximum .. It's not far at all ( less than 5 miles) and taxis are not cheap in the region (hence the discussions around public transport in this thread, which is actually pretty good and very cheap in the region)

Thanks, it's not for me but it's for single young female arriving late so not inclined to chance finding buses on their own in the dark :) Thanks.

I just did the Nice Airport to Menton trip. Got the 98 outside Terminal 1. Cost €6 to Promenades des Arts stop in Nice. Crossed the road and got the number 100 bus to Menton for €1.50. I could not reuse my ticket that I got on the 98 bus even though I transferred within 75 minutes. Different zone. Bus 100 took 2 hours to get to Menton. Overcrowded, hot, stuffy. Many people had to stand for most of trip.

Exactly the reason that the train is preferable if a little inconvenient to get to initially.

Exactly the reason that the train is preferable if a little inconvenient to get to initially.
Hi runner, Based on an earlier post of yours and other recommendations I did the return journey Menton to Nice St. Augustine train station. It was so easy. The walk down to the airport was hassle free. Just followed other travellers that already knew the route. A 10 minute walk. The cost on the train was less than €7. No crowds, air con, comfortable. Now that I know this route I will be using it in the future.

Back