Basel Airport - Ryanair - Late arrival.

SoylentGreen

I see that Ryanair flights land at Basel airport after 10 p.m. in the evening. Is it convenient enough to get to Basel and check in to a local hotel at that time or would users of this airport recommend an airport hotel for the first night?

Not sure there is much in the way of airport hotel options at the airport - I haven't tried, but can't imagine there's one right at the airport - all probably involve a bus anyway and the bus to Basel runs until midnight so I'd think you're better off getting that and being downtown then.

Any time I've flown there arriving late (1030pm or so from London) it's quite busy in the airport .. It's a fairly small airport, but not tiny - The airport used to be segregated into a Swiss side and a French Side and you couldn't cross between them, but this is no longer the case (there's still signage indicating it, but once landside you can freely walk from one side to the other.)

I also see that Ryanair to Palma airport is a late evening arrival for 2015 flights. At least in 2014 they had Sunday flights arriving in the early afternoon. I would have thought that Ryanair would have some clout over these matters. Who needs to arrive at 10 p.m. in the evening.

I also see that Ryanair to Palma airport is a late evening arrival for 2015 flights. At least in 2014 they had Sunday flights arriving in the early afternoon. I would have thought that Ryanair would have some clout over these matters. Who needs to arrive at 10 p.m. in the evening.
It's about sweating the assets (planes) they obviously feel they can offer a cheap enough service that people will take the 10pm arrival time, are there other options?

It's about sweating the assets (planes) they obviously feel they can offer a cheap enough service that people will take the 10pm arrival time, are there other options?

Aer Lingus are expensive but at least arrive mid morning. Travelling on from Palma is not really an option if you fly Ryanair as the flight arrives so late. Palma hotels are expensive. Swings and Roundabouts.

Back