Nice (France) end of September for weekend

fobs

We booked a weekend trip to Nice for the 26-29 September with Ryanair in their sale (€127 total) . Its just my husband and I. We will arrive in Nice at 10am and so will have 3 full days there.

Any recommendations for accomadation that is central but not too expensive. We also plan to take a trip to Monaco on the train on one of the days. Should we book this in advance?

Also any other suggestions on getting the most of our time there. We are in our early 40's.

No need to book train to Monoco, it goes every 45mins!
Re hotels, what price bracket are you looking at?
General caveat:
Most places near train station not great area.
The Promenade des Englais is 3 miles long so beware than one end is a long way from centre tourist areas.
Generally somewhere new 'old town' is most convenient.

We would like to keep the hotel costs as near to €400 for the 3 nights if possible.
Obviously not expecting luxury for that price but once clean and central we don't mind too much.
Thanks for the tip regarding the train!

Try Hotwire.com and you should get 4 star hotel for €235 to €350. i have used them and always got good value.

Sorry I can't recommend hotels as we stay in an apartment each time (the same one). However I would suggest somewhere off/around Boulevard Gambetta - towards the Promenade Anglaise end. It's on the direct route from Airport, good selection of buses and trains and walking distance of town.

Buses stop running at around 9p.m.

I also would take the bus (No.100 at the Museum of modern Art costs €1.50) to Monaco, it takes a little longer getting there but the scenery is breathtaking. Make sure to sit on the right hand side of the bus.

Have a look at the top listing of hotels on Tripadvisor, read the reviews and check the prices. We are heading down a week later but staying in nearby Menton. We managed to get sea view rooms in a 4 star @ €85 per night excluding breakfast. Admittedly prices do drop slightly for October. What you want should be manageable.

Thanks for all the tips. Rayn - regarding Hotwire do you not know what hotel you are getting until after you have paid for it? Kimmagegirl have looked at tripadvisor but wanted to at least narrow it down to best area to pick etc... thanks

The hotel massenet on the street of same name is in your budget perhaps and I would recommend it as I have stayed there a few times.

Have booked the Logis Hôtel Le Panoramic which was €267 on booking.com. Can cancel up to the 19th of September with no charge. It is only a 2 star but rated highly on Tripadvisor (19 of 212 hotels in Nice) and can use the extra cash to spend while there!

Back