Excessive Car Hire Charge from Hertz.

Hello!
I hope somebody will see and can answer my question(since the last post was in last year).
I would like to rent a car from Hertz via Ryanair, because it looks cheaper like this. They have a good price and I'm aware that they make you to pay for a full tank of fuel in advance, but I do not know if there are any other hidden charges?
I have found something on their website: "Ryanair Fast Return Service Charge" which can be between 14-28 EUROs, depending on car category. What is this? Do they charge this?
I could not find anything about this on the internet, maybe is my bad, anyway I would really appreciate any help! Thanks!

Hi
It is a complete scam. We have just been done for an early return or a "Fast Return Fee" of €18.75 in Nice for arriving 2.5 hours before our flight! We booked Hertz through RyanAir and there lies the problem. I had a discussion with Hertz at the time and asked who the fee goes to. Answer " RyanAir". It boils down to when you are booking the return time. Dont go for the "just in case I am running late option" or keep it to a 24 hour rental, like I did. Book exactly when you think you will be dropping the car back. According to the information on the terms and conditions it would be only €8. They also broke our childs buggy on the way over! Grrr!

So they penalise you if you return the car early? I have never heard of this.

My favourite Subject, Car Hire companies rip offs. Nothing surprises me with Hertz anymore (or other car hire companies either). I got very badly stung (again) in UK lately whereby I took up the option offered to me at the desk of a £20 payment and I didnt have to refuel. When I queired this at the desk I was told they were offering it as a trial to customers who were only doing a days hire (as I was). I kne my travles would burn more than £20 so I paid the money.

Roll forward 2 weeks and a invoice for an extra £40 in fuel is e mailed to me. When I queried this I was informed there was in fact a 100 mile limit on this.

Can I also warn people who go on the hertz web site looking to hire a car at one location and return to a different one. They will quote you a very keen rate for the hire but tucked away at the side of the site is a note that an extra £50 will be charged to your card at the car hire station for returning the car to a different location.

Back