Lots of BoI unpaid salaries today - entire public sector and possibly more

RainyDay

It looks like the entire public sector salary payments for today haven't arrived, with teachers, Gardai, pensioners and state agency staff all affected. There are some reports of private businesses also being hit.

Was there some SEPA change happening today that could cause this?

My mortgage payment will bounce tomorrow if the money hasn't arrived by then.

My husband received his invalidity pension today. Is it only those whose accounts are with BOI that are affected? We are AIB.

No pay for me today. Civil Servant. I'm sure BOI will pay any charges I incur when my credit card payment bounces!!

PTSB also impacted with regular salary of Mrs Palerider not being there today..

It seems to be an issue with BOI being the bank that was supposed to be sending the salary payments. It has hit employees with accounts at all banks.

No pay for me today. Civil Servant. I'm sure BOI will pay any charges I incur when my credit card payment bounces!!

They will. They've stated that they'll refund any charges that occur as a direct result of their error. You need to submit your claim directly to BOI with the bank details and the amounts involved.

They will. They've stated that they'll refund any charges that occur as a direct result of their error. You need to submit your claim directly to BOI with the bank details and the amounts involved.

Wish I'd seen that earlier, went to Credit Union and took out shares!

Bank Of Ireland reassures customer that $1m from Nigerian prince is being processed - See more at: [broken link removed]

My husband received his invalidity pension today. Is it only those whose accounts are with BOI that are affected? We are AIB.

The DSP pays out of an AIB account, so there were no issues there.

Salary and customer payments aren't sent in the same file. The bank glitch only affected the processing of salary files.

Back