Help with Tax credits and bands etc

dubinamerica

Hi
I'm hoping to return to work and move off on the one parent family payment. I've been offered a full time position with salary 30,000. I'm looking for help calculating the figures of what I will take home after taxes USC PRSI etc..

My understanding is that I am entitled to a one parent family tax credit on top of single persons (I'm actually separated if that has any impact).

Also - I've just heard about Revenue Job Assist and think I may be eligible for that initiative, but would it make sense to use that now or can I use it in 2014?

Any help would be appreciated, I am trying to figure out if I can actually afford to take up this role when I take travel and childcare into account, so any guidance is appreciated. Have tried contacting the tax office but cannot get through.

You should be able to get a good idea from my spreadsheet which you can download at http://taxcalc.eu/monthlyss

It's only available for Excel 2007 and upwards and uses macro code (if you access it at work, you might find that macros are disabled by default).
You'll need to set the Marital status to "Single- with dependants" to include the One Parent Family Credit.

Leave a message here if you need anything clarified

Back