Motor Travelers insurance company to leave Irish market.

Jimbobp

Travelers insurance company have announced that they will no longer offer private car insurance from October. Unfortunately another option for consumers has been taken away, which can only be a bad thing for the consumer. Things could also be tricky for those that have had previous claims etc. as there will be no onus on Travelers to offer another policy.

www.powerinsurances.ie

Thats a pain,I have been with them for the last 3 years always got the most competitive deal from them.

Is there a reason for this departure?

Following the transfer of the 123.ie business from Travelers to RSA ( without being replaced) this news became inevitable.

Following the transfer of the 123.ie business from Travelers to RSA ( without being replaced) this news became inevitable.
Not so sure about that. They had invested heavily in the broker network recently. With Aviva making nosies about moving operations from Ireland, do these big insurers know something we don't?

www.powerinsurances.ie

If you had car insurance with Travelers contact AON/Insure.ie (same company) they are offering very good deals through Zurich who are keen to mop up all those formerly covered by Travelers.

I got car insurance fully comp with step back and all the usual bells & whistles for €334,insurance the previous year was €435 and most of the quotes I was getting this year weren't far off that either.

(I do not work in the insurance industry)

Good to hear I'll try Zurich tomorrow.

Sigh...Zurich will not give you that price AON/Insure.ie will though.

The price I got from Zurich was an eye watering €478 (never ceases to amaze me)

Aoninsure.ie Tel 01 2932300

nobody would have been with Travelers directly so their broker should be perfectly placed to offer them an alternative from renewal.

nobody would have been with Travelers directly so their broker should be perfectly placed to offer them an alternative from renewal.

The broker I was with quoted €435,so there you go.

I generally ring 10-12 companies looking for quotes,takes a few hours but can save €€€.

Back