Nppr - To come clean or not

fsc

I think I am liable for NPPR on a property for 1 year, however have not received any letter as when paying for LPT naively put down that it was my main residence. This is a very basic property in a rural country setting. My question is, is it better not to say anything - is there really any way they can find out about it? Property is not rented out at any stage, I do intend to keep it though and am wondering about the statement (citizens information website) that "any liability would end 12 years after the charge was due" - is it pointless me owning up unless I was to sell within thoses 12 years? Also from the NPPR website, about payment not being made by 31 august, additional fee of €120, entire NPPR liabitlity is increased by 50% and then frozen - this means that no more penalties will be added on??

I think I am liable for NPPR on a property for 1 year, however have not received any letter as when paying for LPT naively put down that it was my main residence. This is a very basic property in a rural country setting. My question is, is it better not to say anything - is there really any way they can find out about it? Property is not rented out at any stage, I do intend to keep it though and am wondering about the statement (citizens information website) that "any liability would end 12 years after the charge was due" - is it pointless me owning up unless I was to sell within thoses 12 years? Also from the NPPR website, about payment not being made by 31 august, additional fee of €120, entire NPPR liabitlity is increased by 50% and then frozen - this means that no more penalties will be added on??

On Joe Duffy right now, if it's not paid by 31Aug, can cost thousands, no appeal, no letters, no leniency unless you qualify for hardship.

They're certainly not making it easy for people....

Notice on the NPPR Website:-

2014 - NPPR

[FONT=&quot]Please note that this website will be down for essential maintenance on Friday 29th August between 7.30 and 9.30am. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience caused.[/FONT]

Back