Long lasting paint recommendations?

terrysgirl33

Can anyone recommend paint for house exterior and/or for interior? Our house is in need of refreshing, but I don't want to be doing this too often :).

just recently got interior done & most of the painters that I got quotes with, would only recommend dulux... for ease of use & "last-ability"... so they said...

I've used other brands over the years myself when painting, never noticed marked difference in the finish etc... only re-painting when the other half bought a new cushion on a chair or a new duvet cover and the "old" colour didn't match...

Opened a bucket of Sandtex yesterday in preparation for some painting, the whole thing was like a big rubbery mess. Now I know that is what happened in the couple of bad winters if paint was in shed and froze but I bought this late last year when it was on offer and actually stored it in the house in case of frost which we didn't really get anyway. The other tins of coloured paint for contrast were fine, just the white Santex was ruined. Had to fork out again today for more new paint :(

Moral of the story, open a tin and check it when you get it even if you don't intend using it straight away.

+1 with the Colourtrend. We had it painted on a property (exterior) 10 years ago and it's as good as the day it went on. The property in question is in a very remote part and really gets hit by the elements.

Plus it's an Irish made product.

colortrend in and out,wouldnt use sandtex if i got it free... colortrend made in kildare,nothing like it..a little more expensive than dulux but you will use a lot less buckets to do an outside than dulux so it works out cheaper..

Have just painted a whole house using Colourtrend - the new Ceramic matt finish. So easy to apply and gives fantastic coverage.

Back