Is it possible to apply for bankruptcy in Ireland by myself?

Rubyd

I would appreciate if you could possibly let me know what are the approximate costs for applying for bankruptcy. I have recently received a no vote with regards to my PIA. I am now willing to proceed to bankruptcy.

I have received a quote from a PIP that the costs would be approximately €4,100. This seems very excessive to me as the quote on the ISI website is €650 euros with some other fees for advertising bankruptcy on a particular website.

Is it possible to apply for bankruptcy myself directly.

I would appreciate any advice I receive.

It is possible. It costs about E720. The forms are available [broken link removed].

Sorry to hear that your PIA didn't work out. The uncertainty can be frustrating. Representing yourself in adjudication should be relatively easy, especially considering you've tried a PIA. Maybe pop in one day and see how the process goes. There are certain requests regarding publication etc that you should make of the judge.
Make sure you get a letter stating that it didn't work; they may even be an official form that a PIP has to fill out stating same.

I'm hoping to have myself adjudicated very shortly. I've dealt with IMHO and found them fantastic.
I've a website with a little bit of help regrading the process and forms, I will start updating it once the process begins. I did all my own forms and the examiner approved them. The IMHO helped out by assessing my case and confirming a PIA was not more suitable.
My website is [broken link removed]

Thank you

The process is exhausting and at times very daunting, especially when trying to save money at all costs. I'm a little concerned too as I'm having difficulty getting copies of my files from my PIP.

Is it possible that a bankruptcy application can be refused?

Your information is very helpful.

Best wishes

If your PIA was not accepted then I see no reason why your bankruptcy application could be refused. I understand your desire to reach the ultimate finality, you'll get there, don't worry.
One of the conditions is that you must have tried a PIA or DSA. The judge will need a letter from a PIP stating this. All the other documentation is different. While painstaking, and requires quite alot of editing the documents, it is very possible to do the documents yourself.

Give the IMHO a shout if you need help. If your PIP is messing you about then contact the ISI for advice.

Back