Ulster Bank eSavings - Withdrawal Llimit

pudds

Got a fairly standard letter about managing funds in eSavings account by anytime internet and phone banking.

I was surprised to see at end of letter,

Should you wish to xfer funds to another bank or Building society within ROI there is a daily online and telephone limit of €13k

Whats this all about folks is it a new thing!

Ulster Bank formally added it to their T&C's in recent months. It has been included in the best buys here since Ulster changed their T&C's.

It goes against the vain of an 'instant access' account.

It may have been there a while but was only recently added to their T&C's on their website.

If you read their online T&C's there appears to be a way around it ...

Transfers to an account at other ROI banks or building societies, either online or over the phone, are subject to a daily limit of €13,000. This limit is subject to variation and is correct as at 28 April 2010. If you wish to transfer more than this amount, please contact Anytime Banking on 1850 424 365 to discuss the options available to you. †In order to maintain the highest levels of service, we may record and monitor telephone calls.

Transfers to an account at other ROI banks or building societies

So does this also include non irish banks, like Nationwide UK (Ireland) Northern Rock etc?

Got a fairly standard letter about managing funds in eSavings account by anytime internet and phone banking.

I was surprised to see at end of letter,

Whats this all about folks is it a new thing!

I don't think it's a new thing, €13k rings a bell.
I had a few accounts with them a while back (eSavings, eSavings Plus). If memory serves when I did the "rate tart" thing in took a couple of withdrawls.
No big deal so long as you're aware of it, though if you've a hefty balance it could get a bit annoying.
Bank of Ireland's "Banking 365" has a €20k limit.

Back