How do I appeal an LRC award?

gaggi

hi,
we had a business and it went bust within days, we couldnt inform our employee about that, but they were aware of the financial diffiulty we were in. one of the employee file case against us in labour rights commission for 4000 euros. he got instead 5500. now we want to appeal against the decision. would anyone be able to give any views and ideas on how to gohead, as i cant afford a solicitor, how would i pay him 5500 euros. secondly i have a family to look after too. i got a job but at the end of the month, its all equals to nil.

please advise

thanks

Re: Labour Rights Commission

What do you want advice on? How to appeal the decision or how to pay him the €5,500? Does the LRC website not have any useful info about the relevant procedures?

An LRC decision can be appealed to the Employment Appeals Tribunal.

You do not need a solicitor to do this.

If your only basis for not paying the award is that you can't afford it, then you don't have a case. That would be your problem, not your employee's problem.

Brendan

An LRC decision can be appealed to the Employment Appeals Tribunal.

You do not need a solicitor to do this.

If your only basis for not paying the award is that you can't afford it, then you don't have a case. That would be your problem, not your employee's problem.

Brendan

thanks a lot brendan, i called employment tribunal and would be submitting documents soon. i know i have lost every penny in this business, its my problem. thanks a lot for advise.

Was it a company or just a business? If it is a company then if the company has no money sadly that's the end of it.

Back