Time may be up for the copper coins.

Except that the 5c will still be there, so you won't have shed all the coppers.

The system in Wexford was great.The Dutch have used it for ages (apparently).

Pretty sure that the Finnish never actually minted any (or at least stopped long ago)

Australia abandoned 1 and 2c coins a good while back. It just gets rounded when you get to the till. Some days you're up 2c, some days you're down. Over time it averages out, and nobody is fussed.

Just a tip for you all.....

I recently cleared out my golf bag and gathered up all coins lying around the house. I'm not sure exactly but I had over €5 in "coppers." Rather that counting and bagging them, I went to my local Tesco Express, got a few things and fed all the coins into the self-service checkout machine. Problem solved!

And a bit of advice..... It takes a bit longer than usual so don't do it if there's a queue of people behind you! ;)

Just a tip for you all.....

I recently cleared out my golf bag and gathered up all coins lying around the house. I'm not sure exactly but I had over €5 in "coppers." Rather that counting and bagging them, I went to my local Tesco Express, got a few things and fed all the coins into the self-service checkout machine. Problem solved!

And a bit of advice..... It takes a bit longer than usual so don't do it if there's a queue of people behind you! ;)

I'm SO going to enjoy doing this!!!!

That's gas, Firefly. I get a kind of insane pleasure out of it myself! :D

Maybe I need to see a shrink! :eek:

I knew I'd make money out of golf some day :p

The fact that Tesco will have to make the trip to the bank will be worth it alone ;)

Back