Selling in Budapest

bondiblues

I'm looking to sell up in Budapest (at a loss), I know the time is bad but I need the money, Anyone here able to recommend a reliable estate agent who can look after the whole process for me, thanks

I'm not looking to sell the apartment on the forum I'm just looking for a recommendation of a reliable estate agent, thanks

Hi : I already posted this but since it's the same subject....

my sale in budapest is being suggested by the lawyer over there...
I'm trying to sell an apartment in Budapest and the Budapest solicitor has drafted the agreement as follows:

I get cash of 10% of the price and let the sale go through.

The buyer will then go to the bank and obtain a mortgage.

And then will pay the remaining 90% before June 30th

Does this make any sense? In any jurisdiction?

Thanks..

I get cash of 10% of the price and let the sale go through. The buyer will then go to the bank and obtain a mortgage

Who owns it if the mortgage fails or the buyer/new owner dies?

Get professional advice!!

Why would you even want to consider this? The other guy legally gets the apartment for 10% of the asking price?
He pays you 10% in cash and then gets a mortgage for the other 90%. Let him pay you a 10% deposit and then get the other 90% from the bank.

The guy purchases the apartment for 10% of the asking price let's say €10k on a €100k apartment. What bank is going to give him a mortgage in excess of €10k when they know that this is the price the apartment sold at?

From the purchaser's point of view. assuming the idea is above board. How does he benefit?

That is not the case, when a buyer puts a down payment for the purchase its usually kept by the lawyer, in case the buyer takes that 10% or 15% he typically uses that money to pay the agents and any other utility charges and fees that may apply.
The buyer then has a defined period in which he is to obtain that mortgage if he fails to do so then you either need o to pay him back the advance money and run after the agents to get your commission refunded since there was no sale, or you get to keep that advance and the agents get to keep their commission but this only happened in the case when the buyer is at fault and not the bank etc...
doing this period the buyer isn't the owner of the property and will not be the owner of this property until you sign the final declaration that you received the full sales amount and you agree to hand over the property and the registration.
during this time there is merely a notice in the land-registry to prevent you the seller from selling to another...

i hope this was helpfull

Hi, Tower is one of the largest in Budapest. I would suggest however you use Remax.
or even better use the company that takes care of my properties in Budapest
central management kft, they actually work with both agencies and its easier to keep track when you have only one agent to deal with,

Ownership isn't transferred until the final payment is made & normally if the buyer doesn't get a mortgage the seller keeps the 10% (minus the estate agents fee, which is paid on the first signing).

Hi,
I'm in a similar situation to you, needing to sell my appartment in Budapest. Did you manage to find an agency that you were happy with?
Everhopeful

Back