Laya Laya Flex 125 Explore. Is there a similar policy available from other insurers?

SlugBreath

I have been offered a product from Laya Healthcare called Flex 125 Explore. This will cost €1130.04 per annum.
Has anyone done a comparison of this product against other Healthcare Insurers products and have they found a similar or better product at a good price.
I have only started this years renewal process and my head is already spinning with all the new named products that have been introduced and old products no longer available.
I appreciate that there are comparison websites but I am unsure if this product is available to compare.

Like you, I was also on laya healthwise plus (no excess) and my renewal came as essential connect - which I agree, is completely different!!!!
I phoned Laya and tbh he wasn't a bit helpful so I've been doing my own research and I think I'm swaying towards VHI one plan.
It seems very similar to the Laya's flex 125 explore.......
It has the same hospital cover - private in public and semi private in private
The same hospital excess - €125
The cost of the vhi one plan is €1006.25 per annum so is a bit cheaper too.
(Kids are also half price on this plan until 31st oct if that applies!)
I hope that helps a bit :)

I was actually sent a new "membership card" to the Essential Connect plan even though my renewal only takes place next November. They are enticing me to take out a policy that I didn't ask for nor want and by sending out this card they are being very devious altogether. Done Deal type of thing.

I have been downgraded by Laya to a lower benefits policy rather than to a policy of equal benefits to my last policy the Healthwise Plus.

I was not sent a comparison between the new and the old which they should have included, just some brochures.

I have asked a question on another thread about what happens when you reach age 65 and a helpful contributor advised me that the waiting period to upgrade to a higher benefits policy goes from 2 years to 5 years. As I am in my early 60's and approaching 65
I wonder did anyone in Laya even notice my age when they decided to downsize my benefits package.

I also contacted VHI and they are sending me out details of a policy called Plan PMI 36 13. I will have a look at this but would welcome any advice or observations. I will also have a look at your VHI one plan.

Last year on the advice of the excellent SnowyB I changed to Laya's Healthwise Plus (no excess).
I think that on the renewal of this policy, Laya should have offered a similar plan to the Healthwise Plus (no access) that they withdrew. To offer Essential Connect a completely different policy in my opinion was just an attempt to hold on to customers and to stop them shopping around.
As Slugbreath says this policy might not be suitable to those people nearing 65 years of age.

One Plan has 80% orthopaedic and opthalmic cover in private hospitals as does PMI 36 13, if thats important to you you'd be better off avoiding those plans

One Plan has 80% orthopaedic and opthalmic cover in private hospitals as does PMI 36 13, if thats important to you you'd be better off avoiding those plans
Thanks Mexicola for pointing that out. I am not sure what the 20% not covered would amount to in hard cash if a person needed a new knee or hip replacement procedure. Also for an older person I would imagine they might need 100% cover. Can you recommend a policy that might offer 100% cover?

Personally I think the Flex 125 Explore or 250 Explore are good value if you need orthopaedic cover in private hospitals

Ended up going with the Flex 250 explore after also looking at the Flex 125 explore. It was disappointing to discover that when I was speaking with the customer service rep from Laya that I actually knew more about the product that he did!

Back