Ads that really getting on my wick.....

Betsy Have you heard the expression "that should lead to a conversation"? Sort of in the same space though I haven't done a gap analysis.

Very long thread so probably covering old ground but I generally like the Carlsberg ads especially the one with the guys tunnelling - great sound track.

Betsy Have you heard the expression "that should lead to a conversation"? Sort of in the same space though I haven't done a gap analysis.

I used to do a lot of "reaching out", but the District Court Justice took a dim view of it so I had to rise out of it ;)

It gets worse, the TV ad reminds you you're not "there" yet. So you're officially a wannabe, can't wait to buy one...,

There's an ad on the radio on western stations for Hankook tyres.

"For tyres in Longford call in to Eddie on Castle street for you next set of Hankook performance tyres
For tyres in Athlone call in to Jimmy on main street for your next set of Hankook performance tyres" (repeat this for maybe ten stockists)

The ad list nearly ten shops that fit, not just Hankook Tyres, but Hankook performance tyres over and over again. I can't for the life of me remember any of the places mentioned do to the constant "for your next set of Hankook Performance Tyres"

All I remember is that if my car was down to three flats and a bicyce tyre I would keep plodding along rather than give my money for any Hankook tyre after that constant aural assault.

MrsBrown's boys...there's an ad on the radio for ticket sales for a stage show in DECEMBER 2015!!!
Thats 18 months away!!! Never heard of a gig sold that far ahead before.

The ad is cutting through me every time...that 'laugh' of O'Carrolls when in his role.

But to be honest, anything MrsBrown related makes me want to run for the hills

There's an ad on the radio on western stations for Hankook tyres.

"For tyres in Longford call in to Eddie on Castle street for you next set of Hankook performance tyres
For tyres in Athlone call in to Jimmy on main street for your next set of Hankook performance tyres" (repeat this for maybe ten stockists)

The ad list nearly ten shops that fit, not just Hankook Tyres, but Hankook performance tyres over and over again. I can't for the life of me remember any of the places mentioned do to the constant "for your next set of Hankook Performance Tyres"

All I remember is that if my car was down to three flats and a bicyce tyre I would keep plodding along rather than give my money for any Hankook tyre after that constant aural assault.

I know exactly what you mean. That is how I feel about Harvey Norman, UPC and the ads with Mario Rosenstock in them, Aviva I think.
I will never buy any of these products or services cos I hate the ads so much.

That sky ad with the local village idiot type kidult on a child's scooter,who gives a euro to a busker then scoots off at full steam only to return minute later to taker back his euro because he can get a subscription to sky for a euro...even typing this is painful. Hes the type of sap you really would just love to slap upside the head,guaranteed he would run off crying to his Mummy

Surely Sky can afford better ad agencies than these talentless hacks.The music used is just produces auditory indigestion and almost induces nausea every time I hear it.Quite possible the worst ad I have ever seen.It really would put you off buying the product.

Back