Registration of Deed of Release

stefbomb

I pay off my mortgage and the bank gave me lots of documents and told me I have to register the Deed of Release in the Property Registration Authority and a solicitor should help me. What does this mean?Can I contact any solicitor?How much it will cost?

I recently got all title documents for my home from Danske, included was the mortgage deed which was stamped ‘’Vacated’’ and a receipt attached, stating the mortgage was now paid.

An accompanying letter explained that as the title is registry of deeds, either I or my solicitor need to lodge a Form 7 with the vacated mortgage in the registry of deeds section of the Property Registration Authorith on Henrietta Street, to have the banks charge removed from the register.

Only this week I filled out the simple Form 7 and brought it and the vacated mortgage deed in to Henrietta Street, there is a €20 fee. I was issued with a receipt, told the charge would be removed from the register and to come back any time next week and collect my documents.

In my case anyway, that’s all there was to it.

Form 7 can be found here;

http://www.prai.ie/eng/Forms/Registry_of_Deeds_Forms/Registry_of_Deeds_Forms_.html

I recently got all title documents for my home from Danske, included was the mortgage deed which was stamped ‘’Vacated’’ and a receipt attached, stating the mortgage was now paid.
Twofor1, did you have to pay €75 to Danske for your documents ?

Back