Why have FF not jettisoned Micheál Martin?

michaelm

Why have FF not jettisoned Micheál Martin? I can't understand it. Surely the only reason he's still there is that FF believe that they would get more votes with him than without him as leader. I can't see how this could be the case, how could they think that?. I think FF would do much better in the next election with Michael McGrath as leader.

Why have FF not jettisoned Micheál Martin? I can't understand it. Surely the only reason he's still there is that FF believe that they would get more votes with him than without him as leader. I can't see how this could be the case, how could they think that?. I think FF would do much better in the next election with Michael McGrath as leader.

Do you think so michaelm ? ;):p

do you really want to see a party like FF get more votes! ?????

do you really want to see a party like FF get more votes! ?????
To date I've always voted . . generally FF but switched to FG in 2007 & 2012 . . won't be voting FG again . . currently I've no one to vote for so unless an new option emerges or FF replace Micheál Martin I'm faced with spoil or don't vote.

Have you seen the rest of the geniuses in their Parliamentary party!

I think there is definately a change in how the Irish voter casts his/her vote..
There definately appears to be a swing to the left leaning independent candidate...

Regardless of whether you support left wing/right wing or middle of the road policies I think the days of FF/FG/Lab dominated governments are over unless FF and FG get over their civil war hang ups and go into government together.

In future I think we are going to see a bigger left/right divide.

Paul Murphy who won the by election in Dublin this weekend is probably one of the more radical TDs elected to Dail Eireann but people like him and the policies he puts forward are par for the course in most European countries...

FF have no alternative to Martin. Look at the list of FF TDs I don't believe that any of them has the ability to lead a major national party, let alone articulate a new vision for the party or the country.

My prediction is that FF will split after the next election, a faction will be lead by Eamon O Cuiv back to SF and a second faction will enjoy a FG supporting twilight possibly under Mary Hanafin.

Too much being read into by-election result.

Michael Martin - decent fellow.

Think the next election won't be the big break through for FF.

It will be the election after that

Too much being read into by-election result.

Michael Martin - decent fellow.

Think the next election won't be the big break through for FF.

It will be the election after that
I'm very surprised to hear you say that :rolleyes:

I love it when Michael Martin starts lecturing us through our TVs and radios on the state of the HSE.

How I laugh whenever I hear him mention the letters H.S.E

Mr Martin really needs to sit down and shut up at this stage.

FF are going nowhere with him as their leader.

Back