Key Post Where is the best location/city to apply for bankruptcy in the UK?

More off topic posts deleted.

Posts which do not address the best location for bankrupcy in the UK will be deleted.

part time job up north?

Hi Steve... more questions (-:
So, if you work only part time in the South (it being your main income) but live in the North, would that be enough to establish your COMI?
Thanks in advance.

Hi Steve... more questions (-:
So, if you work only part time in the South (it being your main income) but live in the North, would that be enough to establish your COMI?
Thanks in advance.

Possibly, it will depend on how the Judge views it. My reading of the law is that it shouldn't be a problem, but who knows how the Judge will view.

It isn't helpful, I know, but her decisions seem not always to be based on a strict reading of the law.

Steve Thatcher

I certainly agree that the Uk and bankruptcy is the answer. [for this case study, from which I have moved this important discussion - Brendan]

Just a word of caution. I am actively encouraging clients now not to relocate to London. The reason is that the bankruptcy order will not be made on the day you initially go to court. Anywhere is better than London now. I try to do most of my cases through Liverpool, the reason is that the order is made on the same day, and the Official Receiver is used to dealing with Irish Bankrupts

Steve Thatcher

[broken link removed]

I note this post from July 2012.

It is now wholly wrong. You have a very much better chance of getting your bankruptcy order through on day one in London than you do in Liverpool.

How times have changed.

For the latest up to date news on how UK courts are operating, keep an eye on this thread

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

First time orders this week in Reading and Liverpool.

Before the Christmas break we will be back to London 5 times, Bristol, Kingston, Wigan and Manchester

Steve Thatcher

A further update. We have been hugely busy over the last two weeks.
We have obtained orders in these places.
London 2
Bristol 3
Chester 1
Guildford 1
Oxford 1
Croydon 1
Manchester 3

Still hearings to come in London and Burnley

Steve Thatcher

Hi Steve,
Have you had anyone settle in Holyhead and go through the process? That is somewhere I'm looking at as it offers a quick route back to Ireland to see friends and family. Is Rhyl the closest court? Thanks!

Very busy again as usual. I have a channel of clients ahead for 6-9 months.

We have had 8 orders in the last two weeks.

Contrast that to all the PIPs in Ireland together.

What solution works?

Anyway, orders in London, Manchester, Warwick, Slough, Aylesbury, Bedford, York.

All over all without a problem.

Steve Thatcher
www.stevethatcher.ie

Bankruptcy

I am applying for annulment, debt paid but find OR a bullnosed bully, intimidating. What does COMI stand for?

Well not been on here for a while posting results, but as my enquiries keep on coming and people keep asking, the n I am bound to say that recently we have orders made in
London
Newcastle
Manchester
Bristol
Nottingham
and others
So it continues as before. They go thru each week. No problems, no delays, no claw backs.

Or you can try it at home

Just saying

Steve Thatcher

Back