Brand New Dishawasher not working

TableEnd

Hi,

We bought a new Beko dishwasher. Last week it stopped working. We rang the shop we bought it from and they have put in a service call. We are still waiting on the Beko service people to ring and make an appointment to see the dishwasher. I am fuming. The shop are very much of the attitude this is not their issue and we have to wait for the beko people.

What are our rights on this? Can we demand a full refund from the shop?
It is also an integrated dishwasher and we had to pay 50 euro for installation, what rights do we have if we have to have this dishwasher either pulled out and reinstalled or a new dishwasher installed. Who should cover the installation this time around?

Many thanks

They are organising to have it repaired, so relax and don't have your heart attack until that doesn't work!

I would say the exact opposite, don't relax as two weeks is far too long for this matter to be dealt with.

Ring the www.nca.ie and ask them for general advice on this matter and about your rights. Quote word for word to the shop. AFAIK its the Sale of Goods Act that should cover you and once you have confirmed this with NCA quote it directly to the shop or you may eventually refer to the [broken link removed]

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Beko don't have the best of reputations.

++ for Sue Ellen,

Ring the shop, look for a manager or at least someone who can make a decision and let them know that if you don't have a replacment DW you will be going further with it. And don't take the stance of "its not out problem, its their problem".
I worked in this area of sales in the past. Its a shame to see customers being pushed around like this.
You could also quote the Sale of Goods Act to the manager and say the item is not of merchantable quality and its not fit for purpose etc and see what happens.
Best of luck.

Hello,

Can I suggest you pay a personal visit to the shop where you bought it from, ideally on a Saturday or other busy time and insist on speaking with the Manager out on the open floor - somewhere near the cash registers, perhaps.

Quote the Sale of Goods Act and make it clear that you consider the shop to be in breach, if he / she refuses to resolve the matter to your satisfaction, take their photograph with your phone or a digital camera and post it along with the name of the retailer on the Internet telling everyone of your experience.

... No harm telling the retailer thats what your going to do, before next taking the matter to the Small Claims Court and ensuring your case is covered by a friend who is a journalist ;)

Sadly, we sometimes have to fight for comsumer rights !

I got a emachines dishwasher from B&Q - needed a service call. Called them at 2.30pm on a Friday, engineer called me at 4.30, arrived at the house 5pm, fixed by 5.30...and this was in the very very southwest of Kerry!

If I were the OP, I'd call Beko service dept directly - all they will need is the serial number.

Have previously called BEKO (as shop telling me my item they had upgraded me to free of charge due to late delivery of my ordered item/caught out on a pack of lies, roughly €250, they wanted to hand back my original money and forget the second deal), you will get through to a UK person initially and will be asked what shop your representing as they only take trade calls. However I persisted and eventually put through to a irish guy who was fantastic, told me my item is available in Ireland, he even rang me back after he rang the shop in question. Phonecall was expensive though, thank god a bill phone.

Hello,

Can I suggest you pay a personal visit to the shop where you bought it from, ideally on a Saturday or other busy time and insist on speaking with the Manager out on the open floor - somewhere near the cash registers, perhaps.

Quote the Sale of Goods Act and make it clear that you consider the shop to be in breach, if he / she refuses to resolve the matter to your satisfaction, take their photograph with your phone or a digital camera and post it along with the name of the retailer on the Internet telling everyone of your experience.

... No harm telling the retailer thats what your going to do, before next taking the matter to the Small Claims Court and ensuring your case is covered by a friend who is a journalist ;)

Sadly, we sometimes have to fight for comsumer rights !

Possibly the worst advice ever.

Back