KBC Bank Ireland plc for Mortgage

Max Million

Hi,

I am in the process of buying a house. I have got mortgage approval from AIB (3 years fixed) but a mortgage broker has recommended KBC Homeloans for a mortgage. I had not heard of this bank before. Have anyone of you had experiences with getting a mortgage from this bank? What is the background of this bank? Do you think it would be a safer option to go with them as there is so much controversy surrounding AIB currently?

MM.

KBC Homeloans formerly IIB Homeloans are part of KBC Bank, a Belgian bank.

Who has the better rate?

[broken link removed]

KBC could be a safer option in today's climate, considering they are not Irish owned. I imagine that Irish banks will try to increase interest rates as much as possible next year.

I have my mortgage with KBC. They are definitely a safer bet imo. Be prepared for a lengthy application process though. I secured a mortgage with them for twice my salary, but it took nearly a year to get it! Looking bank though, I'm glad. They helped me to borrow wisely.

Hi,

Just back from Mortgage broker, the KBC mortgage fixed rate for 3 years is 3.9%, and the AIB rate for 3 years fixed is 3.89%. The broker told me about an option that KCB gives you called a Redraw.

If you have extra savings you can put it into the mortgage, and the principal of the mortgage is reduced. You can at any time take out this savings sum. It sounds like a good option as any savings in the banks are not earning much money that is left on deposit at the moment.

But as I said in my first post I am a newbie at this mortgage game, so please feel free to share your views with me on this topic.

MM/

Has anyone recently been approved with KBC. I was declined with AIB and am considering trying them. Does it take long ?

Kbc are advertising heavily. They are guessing the market is at a bottom anf trying to grab market share. they currently have 10% of the mortgage market and i've found them excellent to deal with.

HI

I have my mortgage with KBC for 6 year now. I do not have one complaint , even in these hard time they were more then accommodating.

Back