Solicitors letter

solo1

Got solicitors letter re:Debt and judgement. They informed me that they had gotten judgement and had enforced same. This is why i got the letter from a debt collection agency. They have now come back and said that the bank would accept a once off payment for debt , probably 3/4 of same to clear mortgage judgement. They are also looking for a statement of means. Am i right in believing that once they had the judgement that there isn't a lot more they can do? The letter says that should i not respond to same they will proceed further.
Any help!!!

Find out if the judgement is real, I know a guy who got a letter like this from solicitors which turned out to be fake and they had not got a judgement, they ended up saying it was a mistake on their part,, yours could possibly be chancing their arm too ?

Solo 1.

I assume you previously got word that they were going for judgment and that you ignored that warning.
To say (enforcing) a judgment means they are coming to collect from your assets.
Seems odd that they now offer (settlement) of a sort .

Suggest ,really read what is actually on the Letters sent to you:
A lot of the time they use words like( may )or (shall) not we (have) etc.
If so leaves you time to see can you make effort to sort the debt.

Am i right in believing that once they had the judgement that there isn't a lot more they can do?
provided that a judgement has been obtained against you possible further action can include registration as a JM against any interest in property held by you, progress to get an installment order against you, sheriff enforcement against any goods owned by you. Actual enforcement will depend on your assets and income. I.e. The judgement holder will assess the potential of such actions for recovery before progressing!

Back