Motor Disgusted with insurance quotes.

I totaly agree that's why insurance should be made reasonably priced,

and why not treat road accidents with no insurance as regular emergency cases and pool it with health insurance ?

I am not an expert and I am sure that the're are totaly acceptable soutions that would cost < 25% of the current cost but there are special interest that will prevent any change unless people protest.

whether your opinions are right or not. It still doesn't justify you driving with no insurance. The fact that there's a significant premium added to my policy to cover uninsured drivers pushes up the cost.

However, up until recently prices did drop, but this wasn't sustainable as the real costs to the companies stayed static or increased. So prices dropped, but the number of claims still increased and awards didn't decrease.

Your pathetic justification not only falls down on several elements, but it's also because of you that there is a premium added to insurance.

The cost of insurance is one thing.

Having no cover for medical bills does not hurt the insurance company just those people who need medical care. Nice attitude.

As previously stated, an extra €450 because rates have increased by insurers. Why? Possible investment losses, higher claims, and in a recession empirical data shows more people likely to claim so................rates go up! And thats it!

That is it in a nutshell. Lower investment returns, more claims due to the recession = Higher claims costs, higher premiums. You also only have to look at the Irish attitute to claims i.e our world famous compo culture, to see why our premiums are one of the highest in the World. Recent Luas / Dublin Bus highlighted this, soon after the crash, hoards of people appeared trying to get on the bus and tram so that they could pretend they were involved in the crash and thus seek compensation. You might laugh at the thought but it happened and we all end up paying for this greedy mentality!

Recent Luas / Dublin Bus highlighted this, soon after the crash, hoards of people appeared trying to get on the bus and tram so that they could pretend they were involved in the crash and thus seek compensation.
Is that true?

Back