Car Insurance quotes

I'd second FBD - they represent reasonable value in my experience and are flexible. Also, have found them very straightforward to deal with - seem to have less bureaucracy than others.

I had my renewal in the post from Quinn a few months back, e1400 on a 2L Avensis. Went online and got a quote with them for 1200e. I said to the otherhalf, well the poor fool that doesnt know anything about the internet is gonna get ripped off in this situation, so I rang and told them I wont be going back. Rang Eagle star (e1300)and FBD (e1350). Called FBD a few days later and told them my insurance expires in two days,they are neck in neck with Eagle Star and I'd perfer go with them as they have an office when I live and I can just pop down and pay the policy, but they gotta go one up on E.S to get my business. She told me they would give me one years extra no claims bonus, my policy was just under 1k!. Excellent company.

I had my renewal in the post from Quinn a few months back, e1400 on a 2L Avensis. Went online and got a quote with them for 1200e. I said to the otherhalf, well the poor fool that doesnt know anything about the internet is gonna get ripped off in this situation, so I rang and told them I wont be going back. Rang Eagle star (e1300)and FBD (e1350). Called FBD a few days later and told them my insurance expires in two days,they are neck in neck with Eagle Star and I'd perfer go with them as they have an office when I live and I can just pop down and pay the policy, but they gotta go one up on E.S to get my business. She told me they would give me one years extra no claims bonus, my policy was just under 1k!. Excellent company.

Nice one REMFAN.

BTW, just had my renewal notice from FBD - very pleasantly surprised once again - fully comp./NC protection/windscreen/breakdown assist...the lot - now costing me less than €400 ;)

(only 1.2L, but still)

with AXA. renewal last time was c. 1700 for third party.

rang pretty much every insurance co. in the golden pages - best quote was FBD - 1000 for fully comp (which was about 400 under the next best offer). rang AXA back with that price and they gave me fully comp for a bit under a grand.... makes you wonder, if they can insure you for hundreds less than they quote you initially and give you a better policy, i reckon a lot of insurance companies just chance their arm with the quotes.

most companies that quoted me asked how their quote compared with other quotes i'd got - when i told them - for example - hibernia quoted me about 1400 and when they asked how it compared, i said i'd a quote for 1000 - they just said ok, thanks for your query..... nobody tried to better any quote i'd got except FBD - i got the opinion that insurance companies aren't overly keen to poach business from other insurance companies but, as i mentioned above, when you go back to your own insurance company they can bring their price down by hundreds to keep you.......

Oh really Staples, are you having problems with them?
Somebody did mention to me before that they may not be great regarding claims but they were by far cheaper than anyone else for a quote.

That's obviously why they are cheap. Always check your bonus protection with car insurance, even if it costs a bit more. I had a policy with a company that were cheap and believe me, it's more hassle than it's worth. I recently changed my car and my insurance company. I pay more than I was paying before but I know for a fact I'm well covered. A friend is also with them and recently claimed with no problems at all.

At the end of the day it costs less for the company to renew a policy than to incept one. Therefore their new business dicounts won't be as good as their renewal discounts.

My mother told me yesterday she'd received a letter from Quinn to renew her car insurance for c. €380.
I put her details into the Quinn website and it came up with a premium of €280.50.

Those are the rates applied by each company, as previously stated it is cheaper to retain customers (good ones be it) than try to chase new customers.

In addition, each company will apply a particular rate then they will have the option whether to reduce that accordingly via a renewal retention discount to retain the business or not to bother at all, hence why when one may obtain a quotation via internet/phone etc it may seem 'pie in the sky'

Remember the people who do the quotes are only human, they make mistakes ie. put in different rating areas etc.

As for Quinn, they do seem to make them up though.

My mother told me yesterday she'd received a letter from Quinn to renew her car insurance for c. €380.
I put her details into the Quinn website and it came up with a premium of €280.50.

They will match the online quote if you call them. I went with another company.

has anyone tried its4women.ie, i found their prices and cover the best but bit unsure as they are new to me

Back