renewing uk passport

calin

Hi,

I wonder can anyone help?

My oh needs to renew his UK passport, been living in Ireland 8 years so have never done it.

Is there anyway we can apply for it by sending the signed forms to his parents and use their address for the application. He does have a UK bank account that is still being used and his parents add is on that. This is just to save the £70-80 they charge for sending it back to Ireland

Or do we have to sent application to British Embassy in Dublin and pay the £130+ they are charging for the service.

Anyone had any experience?

TIA

As far as I remember , you have to use your home address as they will send out your passport by secure courier and you have to sign for it.

I would guess this is what causes the processing cost to be so high.

Is there anyway we can apply for it by sending the signed forms to his parents and use their address for the application. He does have a UK bank account that is still being used and his parents add is on that. This is just to save the £70-80 they charge for sending it back to Ireland

You are required to put your current address on the form and make a declaration that the information provided is true.. Otherwise you are making a false declaration and I expect there are consequences to make a false passport application if found out.

Follow what ever procedure the UK Embassy states to be legal.

Back