retiring from the hse due to ill health

buster mammy

if you work part time in the hse and part time for a private company which has lighter duties, is it possable to go from the hse job (heavy duties )on ill health grounds and continue to keep working in the other part time job, phoned superannuation and they said they could not see why not but this is such an informative site thought i check out here also so has anyone come across this senario, cheers busters mammy

if you work part time in the hse and part time for a private company which has lighter duties, is it possable to go from the hse job (heavy duties )on ill health grounds and continue to keep working in the other part time job, phoned superannuation and they said they could not see why not but this is such an informative site thought i check out here also so has anyone come across this senario, cheers busters mammy

Obviously, I do not know what your medical situation is but I don't fancy your chances of any added years early retirement from HSE on illness grounds. Especially if you would be fit for lighter duties.

so basically i have to resign from the hse and continue with the other job, its a herniated discs problem i have, grand if i do light duties but once i do heavy lifting on a ward start to bulge and then fit for no work at all and i dont want to stop work completely!and the chances of getting lighter duties in the hse now very slim as everywhere caotic nobody wants to hear about your problem its just get on with, it so if anybody has a solution or came across similar please let me know but i suppose in the end it will come down to me and how much pain i willing to put up with and not damage my back further

No you should not have to resign, the HSE is the largest employer in the State and has many different roles within the organisation.
You seem to be able to manage your job in the private industry, I sure the HSE would have a similar role for you! If you are fit to work in the private job then surely you are fit to work in the HSE.
I'm sure the HSE would do everything to facilitate your transfer to a role with lighter duties that would be suitable. Maybe a role similar to the one that you are doing privately.

Try contacting the Employee Assistance Programme or your Occupational Health Dept for further information.

Occupational health will try to have you redistributed if they can and feel you arent up for your current role and can find a role that wont effect your health problem or force you to take PI if they cant and you arent fit for your job in the HSE

In relation to your private work its upto them to determine whether you are fit to work with them the HSE have no interest in you working privately after you retire/while you retire and cant dictate to the other employer whether you are fit or not

Back