Affordable Housing - cork area

Shopaholic

this is the first place (other than city council website) that I've looked and I thought it might be quicker to ask on this site...........

Does anyone know if it's too late to apply for affordable housing in the Cork area (city suburbs).........there didn't seem to be any deadlines on the website and also just wondering is it city or county council I should apply to.......I presume it's county but unsure...........I know I could be waiting a long time...............

any advice appreciated...........

Hi Shopaholic, I think you can apply anytime. I know the County Council are in the interview process for certain areas at the moment so obviously you're too late for them but sure if you apply now at least you'll be in for the next batch!
You should apply with the County and City Councils in my opinion.
Best of luck with it :)

That's great advice, thanks a lot, will print off the forms and start applying, fingers x

Shopaholic

hi does anyone have an update on the affordable housing with cork county concil, rang last week and were able to tell me my points got 110, not sure if thats a good or bad number, that was for area 2 on the list, didnt really give much away, just that there is a high number highest being 125 for that area and will possibly take a while to allocate, anyone else apply for area 2 on the list. Area 2 being Glanmire.

Hi has anyone been offered in Ballincollig lately does anyone know where the houses out there are? I only thought that there were houses in Tuarin Glas in greenfields which have a problem with the sewage but when i rang the council she said that greenfields arent there only houses so does anyone have any idea.

I think there are 3 bed duplexes and 1 & 2 bedroomed apartments in Highfield in Ballincollig. This is a very nice development. 2 & 3 bed houses in this development were allocated roughly this time last year.

I got a letter from the Cork City Council this morning regarding houses in Kilbrack Grove, Blackrock. Does anyone know what these are like? There are no guide selling price for them yet.

hi does anyone have an update on the affordable housing with cork county concil, rang last week and were able to tell me my points got 110, not sure if thats a good or bad number, that was for area 2 on the list, didnt really give much away, just that there is a high number highest being 125 for that area and will possibly take a while to allocate, anyone else apply for area 2 on the list. Area 2 being Glanmire.

hi moll27, we were in for houses down in area 10 but didn't get one, we were also down for glanmire and around a week ago we got a phone call saying that we were being considered for a house in glanmire and that we should know by the end of the month, we were told we had 115 points - did they say your 110 was good?

I got a letter from the Cork City Council this morning regarding houses in Kilbrack Grove, Blackrock. Does anyone know what these are like? There are no guide selling price for them yet.

I got that same letter. They look quite small but it's hard to tell as you can only see the back of them. They're still building so I imagine it'll be ages before anyone can move in. I'm dying to know more about them (like the price!) but it's really hard to find out anything. To the best of my knowledge the entire estate is Affordable.

Also, this is my first time getting one of those "if you wish to be considered for this scheme" letters - does anyone know if they send that to everyone who expressed an interest in that area or if it means you're likely to be offered one if you're still interested?

Hi Carrighead, when they told me what points i had they said the highest for Glanmire were 125, so 115 is very good, if you also went for an interview you should more than likely be offered. I have been out to see the proerties in crawford woods alright unbelieveable houses.

hi carrighead i recieved a letter a couple of weeks back stateing i wasnt sucessful in my chosen area of glanmire but that they had houses in lios rua in Ballyvolane if i was interested, i think im just goin to hold out to see if more houses surface in Glanmire, how about yourself?

ah feck thats a pity, that estate in ballyvolane doesn't look great alright, the houses are really close together and very tall a bit weird looking.

we got a house in crawford woods (by the skin of our teeth) we're delighted, its close to work and home so we were very lucky. i thought your 110 would have been enough. there will be more houses in glanmire and maybe someone will drop out of the houses in crawford!

congrats on crawford woods carrighead, there really nice houses and the estate looks class too, i think there was only 11 houses avalible there and somehow i cant imagine anyone turning them down i know i wouldnt, the county concil said there will be more houses available in Glanmire next year so until then, congrats again.

Hi LizD and Viv, i also received a letter for Kilbrack Grove. I was told by the city council that everyone who showed interest in that area was contacted. I was also told that they would be offered around Christmas.

hi ann84 i am recieved a letter also and expressed an interested. did they contact you by phone also. did they give any indication of the number of applications they got? thx

Back