Recommend an Auctioneer in Cork

DeeFox

I am involved in selling the family home. I contacted a well known auctioneer recently and he took almost a full week to come back to me with a valuation for the house. I think he has a poor attitude and wouldn't let him near potential buyers.

Can anyone recommend a good auctioneer in the Cork City area? Someone who has a good professional manner and who returns calls when they say they will, etc.

Thank you

The simplest way to do this is to ring around the agents as a prospective tenant and see which ones returns your call. That way you know that you'll not only be getting the one that can schmooze a landlord the best, but also one who will actively seek tenants for your property.

I can recommend Hugh McPhillips of Marshs on South Mall. Very well respected firm. Wealth of experience.

DONT GIVE ANY EA SOLE SELLING RIGHTS
had a problem with a well known agent involed in a sale recently sole selling rights are to be avoided i ended up selling the house for a better price than they said it could make this has been my experience
I advise sell it yourself advertise on a major property website and insert plenty of images
I plan to sell another later in the year wont ever use an EA again

I would recommend Lucy Wolfe Auctioneers, I sold my house with her last year and found her great to deal with and really straight forward. We really wanted to sell our house and we did sell last year, partly because of the EA although being honest we were very realistic about prices

I always think it's a good idea to get an agent who lives in or near the area of your house. Most people view houses in the morning or evening (before or after work - especially if they are viewing a lot of houses and also people are less inclined to take time off work these days) and from my experience if you have an agent in town they won't be too keen on doing viewings after 5pm. Heaven forbid they should be home after 6pm! If your house is in the Carrigaline area, I would def. recommend Dennehy Auctioneers. I have always found Roy Dennehy very attentive and good. He's particularly good at valuing property at what it will sell for rather than what you might like to get for it.

Back