Motor car stolen and crashed?

The tax is a red herring in the bigger scheme of things.

The person who took the car is the one on the hook for the offences not the owner.

not so, the owner may also be liable as well as the driver. The driver may (in law) be considered the owner's servant or agent. was car stolen, or simply driven without the owner's consent (on this occasion). Did the babysitter ever drive the car before, or did owner allow babysitter drive other cars either with or without consent? As other posters have said, there might be a bit more here than meets the eye.

thanks for replies. as i stated already. the car keys where taking out of hand bag in bedroom. none of them where ever inside the car. till they stole it

Would be interested to know how it all turns out eventually, if you don't mind telling us.

The reason I pointed it out is that the OP may get more than they wish for if they go down the legal route if the car has been used whilst not taxed.

If you purchase a car at the end of the month, you will still be charged tax for the full month, so it is no big deal, you will be paying for it anyway

Would be interested to know how it all turns out eventually, if you don't mind telling us.

I will do . The part that gets me. Is the endangerment the child was in. Been left in the care of these "criminals". The moral question Id like to ask is ....... Why was child left in this dangerous environment. The car can be replaced.

Back