Leaving job after 5 years and MD not happy

I really think this new lady will be okay though, it's what she wants, she licks his ass and he is loving it while I turn green. Yuk!!.

Well good luck to her! Its her problem now.

Best of luck with your new business forget about whats past and look forward now

The new lady will be ok, because she will have to be ok. You mentioned that she has no children. If she has no partner either, she will have to keep working or she will lose her house!

I have worked in companies like this before, and bullying or no bullying, I had to stay until I got another job. The unemployment benefit isn't really enough to keep a full household going, covering bills & mortgage. This is one instance where you pray for good health. My company didn't pay sick leave, so I would have been in trouble if I was off sick for a few weeks with flu/pneumonia.

The new lady may be a different personality to you, and may just click with the manager. Also your manager may have been jealous of you, as you had a full life outside of work. He may have resented the fact that you didn't 'have' to go to work (even though the money comes in handy with a family). E.g. if you were let go in the morning, you would still be kept busy with your family, whereas a single person would need another job (to have something to get up for) IYKWIM.

Best wishes

B.

Hi Headachecity,

I worked at a company for 10 years that had a small management team that sounds exactly the same. Bullying most of the staff. I am a single mother of a now 19 year old, but when I was pregnant they made my life hell, picking holes in my work all the time. They couldn't find any faults to fire me on so the strategy was to make me so miserable I would leave of my own accord. I stuck it out and toughened up to their ways. I managed to stick it out for another few years as there wasn't many jobs around then.

When eventually I handed in my notice they tried to bully me into staying longer but I stuck to my guns on my leaving date, and left to go temping which paid me an awful lot more!!

I had to bite my tongue when I left not to say exactly what I thought of the management team, as I didn't want to lower myself to their level.

I honestly believe the best revenge is to leave, succeed well in whatever you do in the future and never look back.

Yeah headachecity, best of luck for the future!! You deserve it. He probably gave you more drive and determination to suceed too. And dont forget us altogether here either :)

I will never forget you guys who kept me going through all this, at home online for 5 seconds coz we are in the sticks here and the internet keeps going down so thanks for everything!!!

Back