Feedback needed on KBC bank.

Use them for some savings bonds - best rates out there. They are fine - just need to get their act together with internet banking (hear it is coming soon).

KBC currently have read-only internet banking.

KBC are introducing secure login cards and the ability to do some types of transfers online shortly.

Ultimately name a bank that hasn't struggled over the last few years and hasn't had a complaint about customer service, All Irish Banks are State owned with the exception of BOI which is 15% state. If you want the highest the highest interest rate go for KBC if you want strength go for Rabo. Personally speaking I would have as much confidence placing my monies with KBC as I would with any of the other institutions.

But they have made some massive mistakes. And continue to do so. When they are found out they wriggle and wriggle and try and place all the blame on the customer. Pathetic really.

leroy67, but with all the major reinvention of the Finance industry in this country, surely the time has come for Banks to be penalised where wrong has been committed.

KBC currently have read-only internet banking.

KBC are introducing secure login cards and the ability to do some types of transfers online shortly.

I am a relatively new KBC customer and have not been offered nor heard of any form of online banking, bar snippets relating to "trials" that I am not involved in. Every time I make a transfer I get a confirmation of it posted out to me.

EDIT: I see they seem to be taking registration for online banking now on their site.

mercman, reinvention I'm still smiling, whats changed in banking?? Same clique still in place and still no one being held accountable for their past errors. if we were in US someone would have been jailed.

Bugler,

You can register for their online banking from their main web page. I have been using it for a few months. Currently all you can do is view your transactions. If you want to make a transfer you still have to send them a letter. Every time money is lodged or withdrawn from an account you still receive a letter even after you have registered for online banking. The online banking seems to take a few days to update though. I lodge money on the first of every month but the website doesn't update until about the third of fourth of the month (The lodgement date is correctly entered as the first, it just doesn't show online for a while).

As already mentioned in this thread they appear to be adding some more online services in the next month or two. It is not clear exactly what these will be.

In the few months I have been saving with them I have found them very efficient and helpful on the phone.

It's very badly written.

I presume they come under our governments guarantee of up to €100,000 as they are regulated by the Central Bank.

It's very badly written.

I presume they come under our governments guarantee of up to €100,000 as they are regulated by the Central Bank.

KBC Ireland is an Irish bank "regulated" by the Central Bank and under the Irish Deposit Guarantee Scheme.

reliable KBC????????

While KBC give good rates their reliability is somewhat questionable. Twice now I have tried to withdraw money from my account and have been told it'll be in my current account by a certain day but still 2 days after that named day there is no money in my account. This has been due to staff error. Once I'll understand but 2nd time is too many times. Coincidently I was talking to a broker as well and she said she has had the same type of experience with KBC. Only reason they (the brokers) use them for their rates. So using KBC comes with a warning don't expect them to do what they say when they say. You may have to hunt them to do their job but it will be done eventually.

Hello,

I've recently become a customer .... deposit rates are good and their branch in Lr. Baggot Street is a delight to deal with.

That said, I see them going (in part) the same direction as BoSI/Hallifax went several years ago with their "partial" retail banking and this makes me nervous.

On a single product basis, deposit rates are good and there's service with a smile over on Lr. Baggot Street (so long may it last :)).

their branch in Lr. Baggot Street is a delight to deal with.

and there's service with a smile over on Lr. Baggot Street (so long may it last :)).

Same experience for me here, I finally feel like a valued customer, an actual person and not a num ber, not sure if they are like that in Ireland but I'm VERY impressed.

I tried to add some additional monies to a fixed term account that was due to rollover. A number of days before it was due to mature I left a cheque with them, giving them plenty of time to deal with this. They made a complete mess of the instruction. They rolled over the original amount, then a day later made an additional lodgement of the new monies. I never received any confirmation of the new amount/term etc. Several phone calls later and it was eventually sorted. I won't be doing that again.

Back