Advice on prospects-buying new house, already have negative equity apartment

Capet

Hi,

Just looking for bit of advice as to whether we have any chance in the next year perhaps or so of applying for a mortgage on a new house or whether looking at negative equity mortgages would be a better idea?

my salary- 3000 net per month
husband's salary- 3000 net per month
rental income 1250 per month- accountant deals with our tax return and at the minute due to the interest on this property we don't have any income tax liability on this
child benefit- 130 per month

husband owns an apartment in dublin, mortgage remaining 320,000 interest rate4.5%
mortgage payment is 1750/month and we have been overpaying this by 250 also since july

i have a cu car loan- repayments are 600/month, owe 11000

we are living rent free in a relatives house and have no childcare costs- very lucky

we have total savings of about 20000 currently
we are saving 2000/month into one account
300/month into credit union
we save 130 child benefit also
and the overpayment of 250 into apartment mortgage

we live down the country now and are looking really to settle down properly into our own house etc

would we get another mortgage or are we looking at neg equity mortgages really?
we would prob be looking at houses for around 200,000
also my wages are due to increase by 20,000 gross annually from next april/may or so

thanks for all advice in advance

we are going to a broker at the minute by the way for advice and getting statements etc together but just looking for some other opinions on the situation

oh and also- apartment in dublin has not been valued but prob worth about 250k or so

From my own experience you will be offered approx 4 times gross salary less the outstanding mortgage of 320k owed on apartment in Dublin. that was over a year ago. So things might have changed.

Back