Motor Motor Claim of both my and partners policy

FirstTime

Hi all,

My wife was driving my car and was in an RTA. Her Fault, but luckly nobody was seriously hurt.

I have her named specifically on my fully comp policy.
She also has a policy on her own car, fully comp also, with a different insr company.

When we contacted my insurance company, they informed me that the claim for my car would be taken care of by them, but that the 3rd party will have to be claimed off my wifes policy. Because she has a policy in her own name.

I'm feeling a bit hard done by here, we will have both policys NCB affected. as we now will have both policies claimed off. Is this normal practice/procedure in this situation?

What is the point of having a person named on your policy if the insr company can sidestep liability?

Any advise is appreciated.

Apologies - I suppose I am looking for more info on "Dual Indemnity (NCD) Agreement"
and what companies are part of it or not ?

The Claims person was a 3rd party claims company(MIS) that processes claims on behalf of Chartis? He didn't have my policy details or personal details at hand, so I began wondering just how accurate he was when he advised that the claim should go off both policies.

Ramiva: Do you know if Chartis & AXA are both part of the above agreement ?

Thanks.

Only 1 NCB should be affected, the drivers if both companies are party to dual indemnity NCB agreement.

I'd email your broker/insurer to confirm that your NCB will NOT be affected as TP claim is being dealt with by driver's policy.

Back