Other Do insurance companies share info?

He could and he could also tell them if they were cheaper than his current insurer, that under no circumstances would be prepared to pay less given that he was not happy as to how they got his details.

Companies that are prepared to break the law in one regard can't be trusted. How can you be assured that they will deal with claims fairly, if they wilfully break the law in relation to other things?

The companies should be professional, and refuse to break any law, even if all their competators are doing it. We all learnt that in school didn't we?

If the problem is industry wide, and it may well be, .. then the government should take strong action,.. against a lawbreaking industry.

It's a slippery slope.. once the insurance companies realise that they can get away with lawbreaking it will just get worse and worse. And these examples of laws being broken doesn't incentivise me to observe the law.. in fact it does the opposite,.. it incentivises me to ignore the law.

Yes, there is a system where they place claims, so other insurance companies can see your prior claim info. This is to prevent people from filling claims with more than one company for one incident. It also keeps the honest people honest. It's similar to your credit report. I don't believe it show personal info, just claim statis and vehicle info, and the value of the claim.

Yes, there is a system where they place claims, so other insurance companies can see your prior claim info. This is to prevent people from filling claims with more than one company for one incident. It also keeps the honest people honest. It's similar to your credit report. I don't believe it show personal info, just claim statis and vehicle info, and the value of the claim.

This database has the full Monty, with the following problem.
You ring up and enquire about making a claim, that gets logged in this database and has on numerous occasions being flagged as a claim so the premium gets hiked next time round as your ins co will check the database to see did u claim elsewhere.

The DPC and the Regulator have 'tut tutted' about this malpractice but to no avail.

When you apply for a life insurance policy, if you get rated or declined, the insurance company submits that information to the medical information bureau, which other insurance companies can see.

Back