Areas in south dublin can you recommend to buy in?

jillyb

Hi there,

We’ve been looking at a few areas in south Dublin to buy and I was looking for some advice on areas. We moved to Dublin a couple of years ago and are living in the walkinstown area but there’s not much coming on the market in this area and anything that does is quite old and pricey. Our budget is circa €250k.

So we’ve also been looking around crumlin/drimnagh/Kimmage- where prices are a bit better but still a lot of older/smaller houses. So we looked a bit further into clondalkin, Lucan and Palmerstown.

What i’m wondering is there parts of these areas anyone can recommend as nice parts or parts better avoided??

We’ve seen on daft a few places in Clondalkin; monskfield, woodford, kilcarbery close, cherrywood, st johns, hazelwood, monastery gate and a few others in that big estate.

In lucan there aren’t as many in our price range but saw few in foxborough, castle riada, old orchard, abbey avenue, earlsfort.

In Palmerstown ; palmerstown manor and palmerstown avenue.

We’re trying to weigh up location, value for money and distance to work. We work in the Dublin 12 & 8 areas.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Thats really West Dublin your looking at.

250k won't get you much/anything in D12 thats of any decent family size, or not in a totally downtrodden area.
Have you looked at Tallaght, Firhouse if it's SthDub you want to stay in

Ah right well we're open enough to areas in west/south dublin.

We hadn't looked at Firhouse as anyone we know that we've asked about Tallaght they said stick to either Kilnamanagh or Kingswood. A friend of ours lives in kingswood.

Would you recommend Firhouse then?

Yeah, I've mates in Firhouse and it seems grand. Seems to be good schools up there
Bit of a maze with all the estates and not sure how it's fixed for proximity to shops etc.
Also, for 250k it could be a squeeze

Firhouse is nice, also check out Ballycullen area. If I had 250k to spend thats where I'd be looking. In Lucan I would look at Castle Riada out of the estates mentioned.

I live in Firhouse and it is a nice area and really close to the M50. Lots of schools. However, prices have gone up here a bit in past 6 months and I would say you would find it hard to buy something for €250 - most are around the €275+ mark I think.

Hi jillyb,

Your thread is most suited to the Location, Location, Location Forum so I have moved it there. A copy will remain in the original forum for one month which should help with more replies.

Sue Ellen/Kirstie/Phil ;)

Thanks for the replies..will look into those areas. does anyone have more input in the areas I mentioned above aswell?

oh and sorry I didn't realise there was a location forum :)

Back