086 phone using internet @ 6.01am everyday?

leelee

hi - just noticed my daughters credit flying away (she never uses phone as doesn't like to spend the credit!).

I logged into the 02 account online and downloaded the spreadsheet of call history and noticed almost every day @ exactly 6.01am a internet charge is placed of 0.18c for a 8kb download.

I phoned 02 who are baffled and cannot trace where this money is going due to FoI Act. She isn't subscribed to anything that we are aware of - doesn't receive any daily texts / updates and most of all her phone is never on at 6.01am in the morning!

Anyone else have this happen or suggest anything.
Only thing 02 can do is restrict any internet access which means can't send picture messages. Phone is a LG touchscreen if it makes any difference.

Also is it possible for someone to "steal" your call credit - i remember hearing years ago by putting in series of *~# etc and code numbers you can take someones credit - reason i ask is her previous phone 085 was forever loosing credit - reason I moved to 086.

Any help appreciated thanks.

It's not an LG Viewty?

I've just bought one. Haven't used it yet, but I'll have a look around. Has she tried turning the phone off at that time?

It is LG Cookie...from what i can figure it might be doing this only when phone was left on ie. tend to leave on charge for the night...will try pinpoint where we were some of the days.

i had a similier problem, i had a Nokia N95 orange unlocked. i updated the phones firmware and it downloaded nokias orange firmwere, afterwards it was connecting to orange in the UK everyday at the same time trying to download stuff.

leelee, with no insult intended, your daughter's story doesn't appear to add up.
At 18c a day it will take 55 days for 10 Euro credit to "fly away".
I've never met a girl with a phone who didn't use it.

:)

ONQ.

Back