Buying back Army years

W

woodman

I left the Army after 20 years service and went back to college. I have been a teacher in an IT for the last 12 years. However I have only received a contract(CID) in the last 6 years. Can I do anything about counting my Army years towards a pension? If I can buy the years back will it cost much? I am now 53 years old, roughly when can I retire?
Woodman

I left the Army after 20 years service and went back to college. I have been a teacher in an IT for the last 12 years. However I have only received a contract(CID) in the last 6 years. Can I do anything about counting my Army years towards a pension? If I can buy the years back will it cost much? I am now 53 years old, roughly when can I retire?
Woodman

More info required here, before I can help you, I'm afraid.

I'm assuming that you joined the PDF before 1994, but did you join as a cadet or as a recruit, as the pension schemes were quite different.

If you know your PDF number, you should give Army Pensions Section in Renmore a call, as they are normally very helpful. The contacts are included at the end of this LINK which used to be on the DoD website but has been taken down! See this booklet LINK

Back