Nespresso Machine

Youl get a small one for between 120 and 160 (think its called pixie or magimix or something like that)

It's worth getting an Aeroccino to complete the package (it produces the milk froth).

I got mine for 90€ at Brown Thomas in Cork.

EDIT: It's actually this one: [broken link removed]

Mine lost pressure after about 18 months. It now only delivers a small "large" portion and the "small" portion gives nothing.

I'm a coffee lover. Can someone tell me if any, what are the advantages of a Nespresso over a cafetiere such as a bodum which can be bought for about 20euro or less. I actually bought a large one for €2 recently, brand new in Tesco.

I'm a coffee lover. Can someone tell me if any, what are the advantages of a Nespresso over a cafetiere such as a bodum which can be bought for about 20euro or less. I actually bought a large one for €2 recently, brand new in Tesco.

I use both a cafetiere a a Nespresso. Nespresso gives you some options such as producing a very good espresso. Also a nice range of strengths and flavours. Works out about 40c per cup based on Brown Thomas prices. Perfect for the weekend treat but expensive for everyday coffee drinkers.

Not really expensive for everyday coffee drinkers. Good coffee is expensive anyway. Compared to buying it in Starbucks or insomnia 40 cent a coffee is pretty good.

A big jar of nescafe gold blend would cost you 5-7 euro. A bag of cafetiere coffee maybe 4-7 euro depending what brand.

It depends what you like. If you like espresso its very good. If you like longer coffees then cafetiere is the way to go.

Mine lost pressure after about 18 months. It now only delivers a small "large" portion and the "small" portion gives nothing.

I had a similar problem. When I reported the fault, they questioned my 'descaling routine'. They could see from my records that I had never bought their brand of descaler. Worse again, if you live in a hard water area. I used descaler which I bought in Dunnes and I only did that once in a year of 2 or 3 coffees per day....!

I love the Nespresso experience for so many reasons:
*it tasted great
*it is quick
*it is low maintenance
*it is excellent value

So I bought a new one and use the Nespresso brand of descaler after every 400 coffees. Happy days.

10/10

I have just sent my little M100 back to Nespresso today for repair. Seems de-scaling is a must do as opposed to a might do.
Looking forward to getting it back soon and having some "proper" coffee based drink.

Back