Where to get Radio/CD/Tape player? Old one died & all I can see are docking stations!

terrysgirl33

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to get a Radio/CD/Tape player? My old one has died, and all I seem to see are docking stations! Is there any advantage to getting a digital radio?

I have a Roberts StreamWM202 radio which receives FM, DAB, and WiFi, and also can be used as a music player attached to a laptop. It's a bit expensive at about €150, depending upon the model from the Roberts range.
DAB in Ireland receives only the RTE channels, but RTE choice which is not available on FM is good.
As a wi-fi radio it gives access to stations all over the world.... it hooks into www.wifiradio-frontier.com and you can look there to see the stations and podcasts available. You can set up your list of preferences there also.

Excellent speakers. Because it has so many options, it is inevitably a bit tricky to set up and the manual is not great

You've got to have reliable broadband for wifi radio

I bought a "mini system" (CD, Tape, Radio) from Power City a couple of years ago. Here's their current selection:

[broken link removed]

DAB radio is great for quality and choice, but it's only available in certain areas at the moment, here's the coveragehttp://www.digitalradio.ie/can-i-get-dab/

I agree with your taste in equipment - I'm looking for a decent system for the kitchen at the moment, something that I can plug in and leave there...and that can play my ageing music collection. Not a great range in the shops at the moment from what I can see.

Back