LPT paid @ Post Office weeks ago. Do I have to send off registation form as well?

roker

I paid my Property Tax at the Post Office weeks ago and filed my form with the receipt. I keep reading about people sending off their registration form, do I need to do more?

Had no replies, could not find this in th FAQs, so I phoned up the property tax office.

Yes I must register even though I paid weeks ago, the Post Office should have told me, so today I did it on line, the form did not cater for this type of payment, I had to work around it.

I wonder if I would have got penalised for paying and not registering?

This is interesting roker, in that our Post Office had a notice up saying they could not accept payment if registration had not taken place.
I'm afraid, after that, I assumed you were asking did you have to do anything with the receipt part of the form, sorry.

I paid my Property Tax at the Post Office weeks ago and filed my form with the receipt. I keep reading about people sending off their registration form, do I need to do more?

I don't think so. But why didn't your local Post Office take the Registration documentation from you at the time when you paid? You must have provided them with some number (either your PPSN or the Propery ID no.)

I ask because, in most cases, they appear to have sent the Forms directly to Revenue and given the customer a receipt with the Property ID number on it.

There would appear to be a flaw in the system, I received the form back from PO together with a receipt, I thought that was the end of it until I found out just before the deadline I had to register, which I had to do online because of the time factor

Agreed - and the info. on the An Post webpage is rather unhelpful:

http://www.anpost.ie/AnPost/MainContent/Personal+Customers/Money+Matters/Billpay/TaxPay.htm

It says nothing about the need for customers to Register for the LPT as well as paying it! Their "What Next" section would have been a lot more helpful if they had reminded customers to post the "letter" (i.e. the LPT Registration Form) back to Revenue in addition to retaining their receipt!

Back