Blind man being charged for cable TV in nursing home?

Kimmagegirl

My grandfather lives in a nursing home and is classed as blind. He has a TV in his room. There is also a communal area where there is a larger TV. We noticed that he is being charged an annual fee for cable TV even though he cannot avail of the service. Is this normal practice?

If he doesn't listen to the TV in his room or in the communal area then its another bill he doesn't need. Presumably the communal area just has a TV, its not actually a TV room. My relative has been in a couple of nursing homes, and has not been or isn't being separately charged for TV. How much is the charge?

+1 re the scissors. Incredibly expensive.

-1 re the cable - even the sounds of programmes or the communal viewing is good for him.

We noticed that he is being charged an annual fee for cable TV even though he cannot avail of the service. Is this normal practice?

I have not come across this charge. The fact that it’s itemised would suggest it is an optional extra. If your granddad doesn’t want it, then he should tell them he doesn’t want it.

My relatives, both ladies in different nursing homes pay €20 and €25 for a wash and cut, €30 for a gents cut is expensive.

Back