Where to park for Sundays Match in the Aviva?

dmos87

Hey all!

Managed to get our hands on two tickets to the Ireland v New Zealand game on Sunday, have decided to drive up from Cork.

Anyone know of wheres best to park thats close to the stadium but also not too in the thick of it so we can try and make a quick exit after?

Try to get parking around the Mespil Hotel on the canal. A 10-15 minute walk but on the way out of the city in the right direction.

I think the Luas Park and Rides are free this weekend. You could park at red cow and get luas and train the game and back again.

I think the Luas Park and Rides are free this weekend. You could park at red cow and get luas and train the game and back again.

If you choose to do that make sure every single thing that is in your car NOW is taken out before you travel, or at the very least put in the boot. There is a tendency to smash windows in the Red Cow Luas car park. In fact the same goes for most Luas car parks in Dublin these days.

If you are parking around the Mespil Hotel on the canal, be very very careful that you are legally parked.

There is a stretch along the canal between Leeson St bridge and Baggot St bridge that is designated as "Coach Parking". It is baddy signposted and the markings on the road are starting to fade, but every time there is a match on in Lansdowne there are about 10 cars in a row clamped.

I don't know if the restriction operates on a Sunday.

I don't know if the restriction operates on a Sunday.

Good point.

I think it does and the signs are very confusing. Lots of cars see the parking restriction and think it is only 7 to 7 Monday to Saturday. But it's a coach park outside those hours.

Brendan

In around Mount Street Upper is usually good as well. To get out, head for the South Circular via Fitzwilliam Street and avoid the canal all the way to the Crumlin Road or Davitt road to get to the N7. Watch the parking signs as well.

Luas from Red Cow would be slow. You'd have to make your way from Heuston or O'Connell street to the Aviva, and back again after the game, so no quick exit.

I was up last week for the Australia game and parked at the Red Cow luas point... from there, straight to connolly station, then onto dart to Aviva... reverse coming back - just be aware that there will be a BIG crowd waiting for the dart after the game to get back to city... if you skip the dart, it's a few kms walk back, but might be worth it to stretch the legs before the drive back to Cork again :)

Enjoy the game... should be a cracker...

You might consider parking in the Ringsend / Irishtown area.

Short walk to Lansdowne Road, both before and after. Afterwards, over the Eastlink (toll), Port Tunnel (toll) and you're on the M50 when most others are stuck in gridlock or waiting for public transport.

Costlier option but, potentially, on the road quicker.

Also, aren't metered parking areas generally 'free' on Sundays ?

If considering the LUAS option, get one from the Red Cow that goes all the way to The Point (instead of just Connolly) and from there it's a handy stroll over the EastLink, through Ringsend, along the Dodder to that side of Lansdowne Road stadium.

Given the hiding we're in for, I'd be happy to save you all the hassle and watch on your behalf!

After the match against Latvia myself and a mate walked towards Baggot St, it was like the Carlsberg ad with all the taxis, we got to Wellington Quay in 10 minutes.

You could leave your car in Heuston Station and get a taxi back there after the match as another option.

I would not be too keen parking anywhere near the stadium or in Ringsend/Irishtown.

Heuston Station sounds like an excellent solution.

Also, aren't metered parking areas generally 'free' on Sundays ?

Some of the zones around there are 7am-7pm, Monday to Friday, others Mon-Sat, others 7am-midnight, some are 7 days a week. It can vary even on stretches of the same street, so always worth checking the signs.

Back