bought item online from germany -damaged getting run round

NOAH

I bought a satellite dish from an online shop in germany but when goods arrived packaging was ripped torn etc, driver would not wait while i opened item to inspect it. I signed docket for 2 parcels and noted that it was unchecked, unopened and broken parcel. I did not sign the bit that sates received in good order. When I opened package dish was dented so useless. I took pictures and got back to supplier and i got the courier to confirm packaging was broken. Supplier replied to say he was sending a claim to the courier company in germany to get insurance. I waited a week and followed up. Got a reply back today
to say carrier was disputing the claim and the supplier then stated I had complicated matters by signing to say goods were received undamaged. This was untrue so I contacted the irish courier and they kindly emailed me the receipt slip that clearly shows what I had actually said and signed. I sent this to supplier today and not heard anything back. He has asked me to be patient.

I paid with bankers order. If I dont get either a new dish or money back what recourse do I have?

noah

I'd suggest you do as the supplier has asked a be patient... Customer service is not a high priority in the Germanic speaking world, so think in weeks rather than days and hours. They will take their time and check every detail along the way, but in the end I'd expect that things will be sorted out. Up to this point in time the supplier has followed procedure, making the claim etc... if he really was intent on cheating you, he'd simply have ignored you!

If you have not heard anything from him in a few days, send him a reminder, but I'd only start getting worried about this in a week or so if it had not played itself out by then.

Jim2007

Back