Protecting homemade DVDs from being copied

D

DeZen

Anyone know how I can stop someone copying a dvd I have made. I'm a photographer, and do weddings and such, and charge by the number of dvds I do, but I'm sure people only order 1 and copy them themselves. I know I would. I sure theres some software out there I can get to stop them doing this. Anyone kow of any (prefrebley free)?. Urgent.​

Re: Protecting homemade DvDs from being copyed

I know I would

And so would I, theres no real point in protecting as there is
also plenty of rip software outthere.

Change your business model - make it a selling point that you give them full access to the material, and you allow them to make as many copies as they like. Discerning buyers will be looking for this up-front anyway.

I spoke with several wedding photographers who had the same attitude and I'm flabbergasted. I pay you to take our photos, what I do with them afterwards really is of no concern. If I ordered prints, would you try to limit my ability to print copies?

Besides, it's almost technically impossible. If I can view the photos, I can copy them. Companies have been trying for years to stop that fundamental rule and spent millions failing miserably.

If the large studios can't keep up with dvd ripping technology and methods with their huge budgets, I sincerely doubt you can do so for free.

The solution might be a slightly higher fee for the first copy and a low fee for extra copies - make it easier for them to order multiple copies than to copy them.

Anyone know how I can stop someone copying a dvd I have made. I'm a photographer, and do weddings and such, and charge by the number of dvds I do, but I'm sure people only order 1 and copy them themselves. I know I would. I sure theres some software out there I can get to stop them doing this. Anyone kow of any (prefrebley free)?. Urgent.​

And you want free software. You have some brass neck.

You can't protect them. The major movie companies can't do it will billions to spend on the problem

Give the copyright with the DVD and it's a big selling point. People will chioose you becuase of it. You gain nothing by retaining the copyright, as people will ignore it anyway.

watermark the images and put them on the disc, then any prints will have to go through you to avoid the watermark.....however think you are being unreasonable and means you wouldn't be able to charge for the disc being supplied.

There's something to do now by making them digital, not quite sure on this, but if you go into dvd shops now , alot of the stock they sell have this mark on them saying "digital". Which somehow doesnt let them be copied. You should look into this

There's something to do now by making them digital, not quite sure on this, but if you go into dvd shops now , alot of the stock they sell have this mark on them saying "digital". Which somehow doesnt let them be copied. You should look into this

All DVDs are digital, as are CDs. There is simply no way to stop people copying them.

I know their digital, it's in the name.!! but this is the new thing

bottom line, you'll end up with resentful customers if you do manage to copy protect the content in any meaningful form. Charge enough for your time and expertise and let the customers do what they will with the pictures. For too long photographers have looked on wedding shots as a cash cow to milk people. Charging a fortune for copies of photos. Give 'em the DVD and wish them long life and happiness. Your work is done then - just make sure you're paid properly for it - and not claiming the dole at the same time!

Back