Ford Kuga

Hillsalt

Has anyone driven the new Ford Kuga? I saw one today and it looks lovely.

There is no info about it in the NEW CAR section of on the www.carzone.ie website

Here is a road test from an Irish website

[broken link removed]

I don't think I would buy a car after reading a brochure.........

Extended warranty, how can I lose?????????????

My brother took a test drive in one last week. Very impressed thinking of changing his Volkswagen Touareg too one. I think they will be a lot more economical. In the 40+mpg against 28mpg VW. Only two specs one high and one in the mid range.
Same engine as a Mondeo

I collected one Yesterday. Great to drive & Nice to look at. Only looked at it 3 weeks ago & ordered it then & there. I highly suggest shopping around. I tried 4 Ford Dealers. 2 said I'd have one maybe in September and offered 1100 to 1500 Euro off for not having a trade-in. 1 (A large showroom selling Fords & Jaguars) said maybe next year if I was lucky as they are making only something like 7000 a year and offered €400 discount....and I was told "The Kuga wont be discounted"...

The 4th... the winning dealer offered me €2500 discount and managed to have one for me on the 3rd of July 3 weeks after 1st seeing it... "The Kuga wont be discounted" Ha... Obviously the fancier looking the showroom the more profit they have to make.

Looking at the luggae compartment dimensions, the boot is not as big as I would have expected. Is it based on the Mondeo platform?

Boot size is smaller than the Corolla Verso which is small enough as it is for an MPV, and with all seats down the full luggage capacity is smaller than the Verso.

I was thinking of changing the Verso for one but not if its smaller in the back....

Looking at the luggae compartment dimensions, the boot is not as big as I would have expected. Is it based on the Mondeo platform?
It is actually based on the Focus.

Boot size is smaller than the Corolla Verso which is small enough as it is for an MPV, and with all seats down the full luggage capacity is smaller than the Verso.

As regards MPV... Its a 5 seater only... But in reality for adults it would be 4 for comfort... My sisters Verso is a 7 seater, but there is very little luggage space as a result. I would agree that folding down all rear seats in Verso leaves more room than in the Kuga.

We use the Verso as a 5 seater all the time...the 6th & 7th seat are used very occasionally but even with these seats down the boot still seems to be bigger than the Kuga.

I would say one of the posters here who knows someone with a Tourag and is planning to replace it with a Kuga would find it a lot smaller

It is what it is.

It's the same size as a Rav 4 or CRV or Cashcow/Cumquat :D

About the same size as a C-Max.

Back